Sunday, January 1, 2012

Beauty Favourites Part II: Skincare (Body) & Haircare

A continuation from my last Beauty Favourites post, this will be a shorter post on skincare for the body and haircare! When it comes to skincare for the body, I'm not exactly the most diligent person around, so I don't have that many favourites because I don't even use them often enough to justify buying new ones all the time! I'm also slightly lazy when it comes to haircare, it really depends on my mood and whether I have the time for all this... But anyhow, here's a mini post of a handful of my favourites! Oh and please pardon the poor pictures this post. :( I shot them at a rather weird time of the day so the lighting came out a bit funky. :(


1. L'Occitane Shea Butter Dry Skin Hand Cream
The Shea Butter range is my absolute favouriteeee from L'Occitane. (Unfortunately, it never goes on sale! BOO.) I don't know how to describe the scent, but it's a very comforting scent (to me, at least). The first time I smelled this, I thought it reminded me of Johnson and Johnson lotion! But after further research, I realised they smell quite different lah haha. And this scent holds some sentimental value for me because at one point in time while I was on exchange in London, I used to slather the body cream all over myself on a daily basis, so the scent kinda reminds me of London. :) But back to the main point, I like this hand cream because of the scent and also because it's a good moisturizer in that it doesn't leave your hands feeling excessively sticky after application!


2. Crabtree & Evelyn Lily Body Lotion
(Oh and spot my current nails! :D)
The Lily scent is my favourite of all the Crabtree & Evelyn scents! It's very light and yet refreshing. :) I went through something like two bottles of lotion and a tub of Lily of the Valley cream while I was in London! :D This range actually used to be known as Lily of the Valley, which Crabtree has since somewhat discontinued and renamed as just Lily. The scent seems to be pretty much the same though, so I'm just glad that they didn't entirely discontinue Lily of the Valley!

3. Crabtree & Evelyn Antibacterial Moisturising Hand Gel (Citron)
I love the idea of hand sanitizers that aren't just your regular boring Dettol ones! Plus this is moisturising too! (I think the Dettol ones do get a little drying if you use them frequently enough..) And I love that this product comes in a variety of scents for you to choose from. :) At S$10 for a bottle of 50ml though, I wouldn't really say it's a worthy purchase. I got mine cheaper cos someone brought it back from London for me though, so I was pretty happy to buy it at something like £3 for a bottle. Bath & Body Works also has a lovely hand sanitizer range that's moisturising for your hands as well. My sister has a tube so I've tested it out before, but those aren't as easy to get hold of in Singapore. :(


4. Kérastase Elixir Ultime
The ultimate hair serum that I've ever used! I highly recommend this. I used to use L'Oreal Professionel's Lumi Oil which wasn't a bad product, but I hated how oily it left my hands after application and left my hair ends looking like they were never fully dry. Plus the bottles it comes in are so small, with daily usage I finish something like 1 bottle a month. :( Anyway, the Kérastase Elixir is superrrr awesome because a little bit of product goes a long way and this leaves your hair ends super soft and smooth! Plus it doesn't leave my hands ridiculously oily the way Lumi Oil used to. In fact, if you're able to transfer almost all of the product from your hands to your hair, I think you won't even feel any oily residue left on your hands! The bad thing about this product is that it doesn't come cheap, but I think it's worth the money!

Based on the products I've recommended, you'll notice that I'm a sucker for scents when it comes to things that I apply on my body. It might be because I don't have exceptionally dry skin so I tend to buy lotions/creams without taking their moisturizing properties into much consideration. Given that, if you have very dry skin which requires loads of moisture, the products mentioned above may not necessarily suit you. So my advice is just to read everything with a pinch of salt. :)

x

2 comments:

  1. hoh! we didn't take pictures to commemorate our lunch today! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know!! :( nvm it's an excuse to meet again! anyway since you're kindaaaaa free now we can go for lunch more often hehe. hope your meeting with alicia went well!

    ReplyDelete