Thursday, January 12, 2012

December's nail polish haul!

School has started and I've actually quite a lot of things on my to-do list right now (in addition to my readings). But... I'm just not in the right mood to be doing academic readings right now. So, here's a quick update on the nail polishes that I acquired in the month of December! Heh heh.

Actually, I haven't been buying nail polish for a while (even though I used to be some kind of nail polish addict) because school has been getting increasingly crazy with each semester. And as a result, I HAVE NO TIME TO PAINT MY NAILS. No time to paint nails --> Zero use of nail polish --> Why even bother buying nail polish? BUT, during the December break, I actually found some time to paint my nails hahaha. Which resulted in this collective haul! It's not massive, but it made me really happy so I thought I'd just blog about it. :D

This is it!
(From L-R)
1. OPI Designer... de Better!
2. OPI Rainbow Connection
3. OPI Divine Swine
4. OPI Yoga-ta get this Blue!
5. China Glaze Skyscraper
6. China Glaze Ruby Pumps
7. Nicole by OPI Step 2 the Beat of My ♥
8. Seche Ridge Filling Base Coat

Here's a group shot of the OPIs. The first 3 are actually from the Miss Muppets collection! (LOVE THE GLITTER) The last one, I got because I did a manicure with this while Baobei was in Singapore and loved this medium-dark shade of blue. It's in between the two OPI blues I already own (OPI Blue My Mind is more of an electric, medium blue while OPI Russian Navy is, as the name suggests, a navy that sometimes looks almost black.), and was sort of like the perfect blue that I'd been looking for. :)

Look at all the glitter pieces in the bottle! I had Rainbow Connection on my toes in December... Did about 3-4 coats saturated with glitter in order to achieve full opacity. Saying that it was a b*tch to remove is an understatement. That being said, it was gorgeous on my nails.

The China Glazes! Skyscraper is relatively new, I think? I have a thing for glitters and blues... Can you tell? I've been wanting Ruby Pumps for sometime now, but just never got around to acquiring it. I believe it's one of China Glaze's signature shades!

This Nicole by OPI polish has a bit of a story behind it. I first saw it at Watson's when Baobei picked it up to show me. Immediately fell in love with it, but I'd been spending quite a lot in December so I resisted the urge to buy it. (After purchasing OPIs for like $10-12 a bottle, $17+ a pop for this seemed kind of expensive!) Unfortunately, a couple of days later, this was still on my mind, so I decided to just buy it anyway! We went to Watson's and Baobei wasn't planning on buying this, but it was the LAST TWO BOTTLES LEFT so she bought it too hahahaha. Anyway, aren't the heart glitter pieces oh so gorgeous? I'm gonna use this for my next manicure! I saw a similar polish by Nicole today at Watson's... It has pink heart glitters only though. But I think the purple + pink gives the glitter more dimension so I definitely prefer this still. :)

Well, that's it from me today! Have a good weekend darlings!

x

4 comments:

  1. oh mannnnn! i want the opi glittery and heart one toooooooooo!
    so cuuuuuuute!!!! by the way, love, when you reply me here, i don't get an update! ): so i won't know when you reply unless i come check back! ngarh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya i kind of realised that too, but i don't know of a good way to get around it!! :( are you able to sign in with a gmail account instead..? are you signed in with the livejournal account, or do you just type in the url?

      anyway, omg the glittery one was such a b**** to remove!!!! and the heart one was quite hard to use. haha i tried using it over a silver-ish foil kind of base colour and then it came out looking a bit weird. :( i think maybe i just didn't match the colours well, tell you more when i see you!!

      i think i'll try to go for the opening next week, i've asked a friend and she'll most likely come along so i think i will have company! :)

      and also, i'm wondering if maybe i should decide to get the dress like nowwwwww. so that i can get it from you when i go on saturday? :)

      Delete
    2. i'm trying to reply with my gmail account this time heh - usually i just use the openID option cause the LJ option doesn't work! sickening. oh man, i want the glittery one!!!! hahaha where can i get it! :D :D

      anyway, yes yes! please come! i want to see you! even if you come alone for like five minutes, come anyway pleeeease! :D

      haha okay, can! but i a bit scared to ask alicia haha. if it's only 30% (instead of 40% ): ), is that okay? ): powder puff in size 0, right?

      Delete
    3. testing testing. i hope the replying thing works for you now!! i buy my OPIs from http://timtam00.blogspot.com/ :D the (multi-coloured one right?) glittery one is called Rainbow Connection!

      okay i will definitely try my best to go! i most probably will anyway, i'll text you to let you know what time i'll be there closer to the date!

      yes, powder puff! it's 187 right? i THINK i wore size 0, but if i'm not will it be alright to do an exchange? (i'm pretty sure it was a 0 lah, but asking just in case!) anyway, let me ponder about it for a few more days okay! i'll let you know like at least 2-3 days before the event? is that okay? :) i'm wondering if i should go try it on again to make sure i reallyyyyy want it.

      Delete