Thursday, January 19, 2012

Baobei's visit

After her last trip to Singapore 2 years ago, Baobei came to visit again in December! This time it was a much longer trip compared to the last, partly cos she LOST HER PASSPORT the last trip just before she was due to fly. -.- So her last trip was cut short to something like 3 days. Please, for goodness sake ah, don't ever lose your passport. (What's worse is when you realise after replacing it that it was at home all along.)

So anyway, pictures!

Breakfast the morning after she arrived. My favourite chwee kueh from Tiong Bahru market!


Went shoppinggggg after that. Omg I was in Orchard almost every single day while she was here. I think I shopped until I got sick of shopping for a while.

We got a matchy manicure! We always have this habit of doing/getting matchy things. :/ The picture's not very clear. :( But basically we got this two-toned manicure - a clear base with blue tips and glitter in the centre. Mine was silver glitter and hers was gold.

Decided to hunt for good BCM one day, so we ended up at the Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodle stall which is on Crawford Lane.

This is Justin! (In the queue for BCM...)

So, back to the story of the BCM, the queue was so ridiculously long. Spot Justin STILL in the queue after about half an hour!

FINALLY, AFTER AN HOUR'S WAIT, WE GOT OUR BCM.



Verdict on the BCM? It was good, but not worth the hour's wait. It's very vinegary, so if you like your BCM with loads of vinegar, you'll like this. I think we made the mistake of going during lunchtime so the wait was ridiculously long. :( If I ever go back again, I'll probably choose a super off-peak hour to go. So if you're ever thinking of trying the BCM, I would advise you to go during off-peak hours, otherwise you may feel a little disappointed at the end of all the queueing.

That's it! We didn't take anymore pictures! I guess there isn't much to photograph while shopping (which is what we did most of the time)... Plus as we get older, we seem to be taking less and less pictures. :( Baobei practically doesn't even take out her camera anymore! It's a wonder how we used to easily take hundreds of pictures within a day, back in secondary school. :X

I've also just realised that this year being 2012 would mark the 10th year that I've known my secondary school friends! Which also includes Angie and Xuannie, etcetcetc too, apart from Baobei. OMG IT'S BEEN A DECADE. I was just babbling on Twitter earlier today about friends getting engaged and feeling old... Now this makes me feel old too. :( I wanna be 19 all over again, can?

Oh and since it's CNY in a few days' time, have a very happy and prosperous Chinese New Year!
祝你新年快乐,万事如意,心想事成,年年有余!

Hahahaha. Cheap thrill with all the Chinese idioms. :/

x

No comments:

Post a Comment